Thursday, April 15, 2010

A Father

My earliest memories of my father are of him getting ready for work. He always sat in the same chair to put his boots on in the morning. He always sat in the same spot to drink his coffee in the morning and he would let me dip my cookies in his coffee.

In the winter, he would pull all the neighborhood kids around on a sled behind the tractor.

My mom made steak and potatoes almost every night for dinner and I would sit next to my dad on the couch and watch TV with him as we ate dinner.

He took me shopping for clothes every birthday and Christmas from the time I was 12 years old. He picked the clothes and sent me to try them on. When I came out of the dressing room, he would give it the thumbs up or thumbs down. 90% of my wardrobe consists of items he bought for me.

He loved taking us out to dinner. We went to dinner with him once or twice a week for several years.

1 comment:

  1. Dad, I'm gonna miss those Sunday breakfast that we had almost every Sunday! I'm gonna miss having you at Taylor's football games! Thanks for being my football coach, I learned so much from you. Thanks for all those shady motels we stayed in at our countless desert races and rides we went on! These are my great memories! But, let's keep it short, "right dad"!
    Love you always,
    Your "favorite' son,
    Kevin

    P.S. If there is another side, I'll see you there!

    ReplyDelete